Jan 3, 2010

Nursery

Taking an 18 month old to church is hard. Really really hard! So you can imagine how relieved and excited Mormon Mothers are to be able to send their little ball of energy to Nursery when they turn 18 months old! I had actually been looking forward to it for a while, but today was his first day....



He did really well. He ate his snacks (and several of the other kids leftovers) and played with toys and tried to make friends with one little girl whom he kept patting on the head.

I on the other hand was so emotional. I didn't think I would be, but seeing him pretty much jump out of my arms and not look back made me realise that he is growing up, and it will never stop. Pretty soon he won't need me to do everything for him. I feel like I just brought this little baby home, and now he can sit in a chair and sing twinkle, twinkle, little star (well make hand gestures to the song) like a big boy!
I cried on the way home. I never thought it would affect me like this! Luckily he did well and the teachers are really nice. Hopefully I can learn to let go and not hover and stay for all of nursery like I did today.......Hopefully.......probably not..........:).



2 comments:

Nickell said...

yay for nursery! boo for kids that are sick so they can't go to nursery.

Sarah said...

Hang in there!!!! It gets so much easier! Well, actually I didn't want to let lily go either.. She wanted to get away and they told me to leave! With William I was forced to stay cuz he was the child from hell!! We had to sit in there for 6 months cuz if I started to leave he cried so loud they could hear him outside the building. But I has two kids in primary yesterday !! Crazy right! I'm getting so big!