Mar 13, 2010

Who do you think you are?

Dang it! I'm getting an itch. Brandon and I have had a nagging feeling for a while that we should be doing some family history. I have claimed ignorance long enough, because I can hear people yelling at me to find them! It has gotten especially worse the last two weeks thanks to a new show I have been watching called "Who do you think you are?". This week Emmit Smith was featured on the show and found out about his ancestry, and last week it was Sarah Jessica Parker. I could really care less about the fact that these people are celebrities, but just hearing some of the stories about their families has set a fire under my butt to find some out about ours. Brandon's Nana has done some extensive research into that side of the family, but I am not sure about any one else. The LDS people are very invested in finding and honoring genealogy, and I know that my side of the family's genealogy has been done, but I am interested in Brandon's! One awesome thing about Utah is that there are people who are devoted to helping you research your ancestry, almost like a mission. Luckily I have a lot of access to records and people who can help me. So if your get an E-mail from crazy Ashley asking if you know when your great great great grandpa was born and where, now you know why! I am really excited to start, but overwhelmed as where to begin! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I get the same way with Sean's side

Jody said...

Awesome! I had actually heard about the show and it sounded really interesting. Good luck!