Jun 4, 2008

Prenatal class


We went to the first of four prenatal classes on Monday. I don't know how every other couple in that class wasn't laughing their butts off! They made you close your eyes and your "labor coach" tried to talk you down from an imaginary painful childbirth. Brandon just kept quietly laughing and saying mockingly "your doing great honey almost there!" I'm sure I will get my revenge someday. He actually did pretty good for what the class was. The nurse teaching the class gave some good hints on when to come to the hospital and what real labor felt like. At one point she said " We used to bring in real afterbirth/placenta until they required us to keep that in the refrigerator." Brandon and I looked at each other in disgust! I guess her sewn fake "placenta" would have to do. We just seemed like the only ones who thought the whole thing was pretty funny! We also went for a routine checkup, Wyatt is doing great and growing, only 6 weeks left. Everyone at work keeps saying "how close" and I keep thinking yeah right that's far away!

2 comments:

AZ HS Spotlight said...

I laughed in this class too. I had 3 babies not remembering anything from this class except when to ask for my epidural!

Sarah said...

thats funny... i would DEMAND the plecenta!! DEMAND IT! i would be fully dissapointed. Thats funny about Brandon singing Williams grad song. i still sing it in the middle of the night and i want to kill myself! Its so much better than all the other dumb songs he learns on Disney channel.