Mar 19, 2009

a licence to kill

well almost. Brandon and I went Tuesday to go take a class to get our concealed weapons permit. I really enjoyed the class, and Brandon got to show off a lot of his knowledge of guns. I appreciated the teacher for reinforcing that when you actually carry a gun for the first time you will feel like you have done something wrong, but you haven't! He said that many many police officers have told him and others who carry a gun, "Thank you!". He talked a lot about the trolley square shooting that happened in Salt lake a few years ago. He said out of everyone in that whole shopping center that day only one person, an off duty police officer, was prepared. With this permit I will have a background check done on me everyday! He also said that people call him and will call us paranoid. He then asked us " are you paranoid of a fire? If not then why do you have smoke detectors in every room and an extinguisher?" It's not paranoia, it's being prepared. I hope I will never have to use a gun, but if for the one second I do need a gun and I am not prepared to save Wyatt, I would regret that the rest of my life!

3 comments:

Connor said...

Welcome to the club! :)

powell811 said...

hey ASh!!! like a year age my husband made me go to the same class!! Im so glad he did!!! its so nice! we even went and bought me my very own gun!! it's actually really comforting having a gun and knowing how to use it!!! its fun!! Good luck with it!! PS!! your little boy is so cute

Amy said...

I wish I could have one. :(