May 29, 2010

No time to lose!

Do you ever find it hard to stay home with your toddler? Do you ever get cabin fever? Are you ever thinking that time is standing still, because you still have two hours until bedtime? Well I feel like that too! I decided it would be an awesome idea to tell everyone what the little monster and I do to keep ourselves sane during the days.
Of course our activities are dependent on the lovely weather up here...and things got better as he got older, but here are some current favorite activities we do regularly. P.S. All of these are Wyatt's favorite things to do, not necessarily mine!

-Go to Costco to get the free samples (sometime they have a fire truck outside to look at)
- McDonald's play place. I like the one on Main, because they have a toddler area so I don't
have to climb through the tubes with him!. (disinfect after!)
-Drive to look at the buffalo or the horses (just in a random yard in Lehi)
-Go to the man made river in front of the Highland city center.( So fun!)
- Walks, walks and more walks...usually to a park locally.
-play with the watering can and water guns in the front or backyard. (bonus if the neighbor
boys are out! He loves playing with bigger kids!)
-Go to the living planet aquarium (we have a season pass)
- Go to a mall and play in their play place, or just walk around
-Go to Cabela's and look at the fish, also walk along the aqua duct on the way back.
- Library visit (which he is usually loud for)

We do a lot of indoor stuff like sing songs, read, and watch ABC videos on you tube, but I prefer to get out once in a while. Anyone else do anything fun?

2 comments:

Tatum said...

I like to window shop at Target even though I usually leave with something I didn't come for and lincoln get a small popcorn so he LOVES it.

I totally agree with time standing still and feeling like you need to get out sometimes. I like your ideas too!

Aaron Blair said...

Nickell wishes that time would stand still. With all the weddings there's a lot of time spent inside playing baseball, basketball, cars, drawing, play with blocks. When we do get outside it's more baseball, soccer, swings, and the new thing bike rides (He loves them!).