Wow! There are so many choices out there for double strollers! Luckily I found the perfect solution!

Just kidding! But I do have a lot of questions about strollers for two. Brandon and I walk around the mall and go for walks frequently so we will definitely be needing a double stroller system of some type. Here are the kinds I know of (not necessarily brands, just styles) and what I think about them. Any info from people out there about your opinion would be VERY appreciated!
The sit n stand stroller


This happens to be the type that I am leaning towards. I think that Wyatt will like to be able to get out easier, and he is so tall, a lot of the straps on most strollers dig into his little shoulders, even on the highest setting with the most slack. The sit or stand portion of the stroller has a seat belt and strap so the kid can't just break loose which I like. The front seat for the new baby has a cup holder that lets you just click the infant car seat into the stroller, instead of taking the baby out, which was an essential featured I loved with Wyatt. During the winter I could just take him out of the car, and click him into the stroller, without getting him woken up or cold! I like that the seats are one in front of each other, because the mall has small isles in some store.
The double jogger,

The double jogger is the other style I like, but I don't jog.....although I know you don't have to :) I like that it seems like it can go a little more off road then normal strollers, and I can jog if I EVER decide to (ha!). The thing that worry me are: the isles of stores aren't that wide, and it will probably be a tight fit, with kids grabbing at things.
How owns one of these styles? Who knows of another one that is better? You better help me out or you just might see my kids in that cat carrier!!!
5 comments:
The joggers are easier to push, but if most of your walking is inside, then they will be too wide. My BIL has a double umbrella stroller that they love. It fits in the car nicely and is a lot narrower than most other side-by-sides.
Good luck - I could never decide and didn't buy one and now I think it is too late for it to be worth the money.
Ok, I have a Graco double stroller and I love it but it is VERY hard to steer. After I bought it I thought it was defective since it was so hard to push,so I got a new one and it's the same way... that's just how they are. It's a $270 stroller so it wasn't cheap so I thought it should steer better. Besides that I love it. I know the side by sides don't fit through any doorways. Hope this helps! :)
Oh also, it's huge! It hardly fits in my trunk.
I went to the mall today and I saw a bunch of ladies pushing strollers that looked like this:
http://www.strollers.com/Graco-1750027-GR1615.html
Hope that helps with something!
I have a baby trend skylark sit-n-stand double stroller and I love it. It can hold two infant seats, a toddler and an infant in either seat, an infant seat in front and a jumper seat in back, a toddler with the jumper seat in back, or the back can be used for standing instead. I was able to take it to the zoo, put Lucy in her car seat on the front, Sara sat on the jumper seat and when Kate was tired of walking she hopped on the standing part. It's perfect for me, but it does have two negatives. First, the basket is hard to put too much in it (I make it work by hanging my bags from the handle bar intsead. Second, it's slightly larger than my single graco stroller, so it pretty much takes up my entire trunk (I drive a corolla). I manage to steer it pretty well and have no problem in my typical stores.
Post a Comment