Aug 1, 2008

Food Storage


Have you noticed how almost every picture of him is in this bouncer? Well I swear I move him around he doesn't spend his entire life in it. We went shopping today...more on that later... and he was pretty wiped out! He kept puckering his lips in his sleep so I tried to catch it is this next photo.

We have finally gotten on the ball and are starting to stock up on food storage/ year supplies. Brandon found this website that helps tell you which things are great to stock up on, when their on sale, how to cook from your food storage, so we read one of her samples for the week and got the following:
20 boxes of cereal (Kellogg's brand not that cheap crap)
10 apple juices bottles
10 packages of diaper wipes
10 Clorox bleach
10 (cheap brand) instant oatmeal boxes
all for $60.00 Kellogg's cereal for $1.00 a box is pretty good in my book. I got tons of rice Krispies becase I love to make rice Krispies and if world war three or tragedy strikes I know it won't be so bad if I can have rice Krispie treats!

so our food storage room is coming along and now I have a little stash being built up. Anyone who has some food storage for dummies tips let me know! I have been trying to think of things that will be really easy to make and eat. I'm definitely not the food storage Queen yet.

5 comments:

mandy said...

I too have been working on our food storage. It is not great yet but a work in progress. I was at Cal Ranch today and they have dehydrated potatoes in little boxes for .99 cents, or a box of 12 for $12. They are way easy and yummy. Also, family dollar or the Dollar Tree usually have Aarowhead bottles of water(like gallon size) and they keep well.what website did brandon use?

Amy said...

Now all you gotta do is stock up on marshmallows! :)

Jodi said...

I stumbled on your website doing a google search and just had to comment because me and my sister-in-law have just started to do our food storage too. It's so overwhelming! We decided to blog about the process and are coming up with babysteps to make it easier to manage. You can check it out in my profile if you are interested in following along with us! It helps to work together on this kind of thing for sure.

Did you find your deals on The Obsessive Shopper? We LOVE her site and link to her a lot!

TheBurtons said...

Ash! It is so good tosee all these posts! Now you have some time on your hands ;) Can't wait to get there myself. Wyatt is such a good mix of you and Brandon. he is going to be a heart breaker I can tell. Oh i just love you guys!

P.S. I stock up on chili for the husband!

Tatum said...

He is so stinkin cute! I hope all is well with you guys!

What is the website that you got the deals from? I am working on our food storage too. Will you post it or leave me a comment. THanks!